Senior Electronics Systems Engineer
Opportunity may be based in Albuquerque, NM or Denver, CO
We are assisting our client in their search for a very high-level Electrical Engineer who embraces the writing of embedded software. The application is a highly complex Medical Device that, once rationalized, will have extraordinary impact on a broad range of diagnoses in traumatic injury. This is a start-up environment so it’s not for the faint of heart but if you’re the right candidate for the job you will be a key member of the organization’s core competence.
You must have experience with small signal measurement/characterization/analysis and advanced DSP. We are looking for the kind of person who goes beyond finding the signal and collects/analyzes the data they’ve found so your Data Acquisition Systems experience is equally critical. You’ll be interacting with a number of different development partners, internally and externally, to ensure quality, performance, delivery, and cost objectives are met.
If you haven’t been scared away yet, keep on reading.
- Nanowire based sensor knowledge and skills in the measurement of small signals; including gathering the data, its analysis, and conversion into workable firmware
- May act as a project manager guiding internal and external engineering teams and reporting on performance to milestones to peers and the management team
- Implements firmware for signal processing, analyzes test data to identify opportunities for improvement, and may use previous experience with semiconductor physics
- Skilled in the use and application of various CAD simulation and other modeling software as well as the tools needed to develop product and test fixture concepts
- Heavily involved in V&V activities including but not limited to test protocol writing, oversight of testing and data collection, evaluation of data and recommendations regarding the indicators
- Tests for effectiveness of circuit designs in the lab, performs the tasks needed to implement the solutions and may guide the work effort of others
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in the design and development of electronic sensor-based products; prefer at least 3 of those years are in the development of med devices with embedded software
- Demonstrable depth and breadth in cross-functional engineering; the design and development principles of electronic hardware design of sensors and embedded software with hands-on experience in small signal measurement/analysis and advanced DSP techniques
- A passion for hands-on experience in the lab including the use of data acquisition systems and other tools like digital oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, DVM’s and other commonly used instruments
- Altium, MATLAB, and/or LabVIEW experience highly valued
- A strong foundation and understanding of the theoretical and practical fundamentals in science and engineering including experimental engineering techniques